What were the main purposes of welfare (ADC) when it was created as a federal program in 1935?
TO THE WRITER: THIS ASSIGNMENT IS COURSE ASSIGMENT WHICH USE THE knowledge OF THE BOOK AND COURSE DISCUSSION. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKS TO ANSWER THE QUESTION IN ESSAY FORMATE:
1)Gender and American politics by sue tolleson-rinehart- WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON GOOGLE.COM WHEN SEACH FOR THE BOOK TITLE. I have the link , question # 2 try to emphasis on this book.
focus more on the following chapters:Chapter 6, 7, 8 ,9and 14 in Gender and American Politics
2)It Still Takes A Candidate: Why Women Donâ€t Run for Office By Jennifer L. Lawless, Richard L. Fox : WHICH CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON GOOGLE BOOKS:
3) Under attack, fighting back: women and welfare in the United States by Mimi Abramovitz
PLEASE CHOOSE ANY QUESTION YOU FEEL COMFORT ANSWERING, IF YOU WANT TRY ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTION IN YOUR OWN RESEACH, BUT INCLUDE A CITATION AT THE END.
Please answer 2 of the following questions on a separate document and upload below. Each of your 2 responses should be 1-2 pages (double spaced) in length. Relate your opinions and ideas to concepts from our course texts and/or class discussions.
1. Ã‚ What does it mean to Ã¢â‚¬Å“genderÃ¢â‚¬Â a policy debate? Why might feminist activists want to Ã¢â‚¬Å“genderÃ¢â‚¬Â a policy debate?
2. What were the main purposes of welfare (ADC) when it was created as a federal program in 1935? What are the main purposes of welfare (TANF) now? What factors explain this changes?
3. Abramovitz argues that US social welfare policies (AFDC, TANF, Unemployment Insurance, Social Security Retirement Insurance, etc.) reinforce traditional gender and race hierarchies. What does this mean mean? What do you think about AbramovitzÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s argument?
4. Do you think that the relationships between politics and gender will undergo dramatic change in the next 10 years? Why or why not? Be as specific as you can about areas in which you do or do not expect change (for example, political ambition or media treatment of political candidates).
I have included some of the topics that were used in class discussion that maybe incorporated in to this assignment: such topics and discussions include:
gender& public policy:
What does Leatherman (Chapter 6) mean by “Hegemonic Masculinity” and “Mechanisms of Dominance”? Why does she use these particular terms?
How does gender influence foreign policy?
What does Dorothy McBride (Chapter 7) mean by “Gendering Policy Debates”?
Gender& US Welfare Policy
n Chapter 2 of Under Attack, Fighting Back Abramovitz provides much historical detail about welfare policy in the US. What patterns emerge from these details?
How was the most recent round of welfare reform (the 1996 transition from AFDC to TANF) influenced by gender?
How has race interacted with gender in shaping US welfare policy?
What does Abramovitz mean by “The Gendered Welfare State”?
What are the consequences of a gendered welfare policy?
Which do you think are AbramovitzÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s strongest arguments? Her weakest arguments? Why?
How does Under Attack, Fighting Back relate to what McBride wrote about the welfare policy debate in Chapter 7 of Gender and American Politics?
The post What were the main purposes of welfare (ADC) when it was created as a federal program in 1935? TO THE WRITER: THIS ASSIGNMENT IS COURSE ASSIGMENT WHICH USE THE knowledge OF THE BOOK AND COURSE DISCUSSION. PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKS TO ANSWER THE QUESTION IN ESSAY FORMATE: appeared first on My Nursing Term Papers.
We provide plagiarism free assignment answers written from scratch. Our online essay writers provide an individual approach to every single assignment
If you are looking for fast and reliable online essay writing help, you have just landed on the right page. From now on, you can stop worry and forget about writing assignments: your college papers are safe with our online academic writers
ORDER A SIMILAR ESSAY WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH